– Explore a scenic route, passing through the High Atlas via the Tichka pass located at 2260 m altitude.
– Visit Ait Benhaddou, the Kasbah of the fortified village.
– Discover the charm of southern Morocco.
– Cross the Berber villages Foum Zguid and the Draa Valley with its procession of palm trees.
– Discover the way of life of the desert nomads.
– Enjoy the dunes of Zagora, Chegaga and Mhamid on camelback, and admire the sunrise and sunset.
– Magical evenings, around a fire at the bivouac, after a traditional dinner.
You travel with in a private vehicle, an air-conditioned 4×4 to tourist standards, comfortable with your own personal, French-speaking, experienced driver. All our drivers are specialists in their fields, you discover the Moroccan desert in complete serenity with them. Every evening, you will sleep in charming, typical and authentic hotels, or bivouac according to your choice.
Departure from Marrakech, from your Riad or Hotel to Ouarzazate via the Tizi N’Tichka pass in the High Atlas (2260 m altitude). Break in Ouarzazate, then visit the Kasbah of Taourirte classified as World Heritage by UNESCO. Direction Tinghir which is famous for its palm grove. Dinner and night in Tinghir in a typical hotel.
After breakfast, take the road to the Merzouga desert. Impressive dunes await you there. Camel ride to the bivouac, dinner and overnight in the desert, under nomad tents at the bivouac.
Camel ride in the desert at sunrise. Breakfast at the bivouac, then road to Zagora. Visit of the city, then stop at the sign “Timbuktu 52 days” Dinner and night in Zagora in hotel.
After breakfast, departure to the Mhamid desert. Break in the dunes, and road to Chegaga, the sea of the desert. Dinner and overnight at the bivouac in Tuareg tents.
Camel ride in the desert at sunrise. Breakfast then drive to Ouarzazate. Break at Foum Zguid, and Tazenakht, famous for its carpet factories. Arrival in Ouarzazate: visit the film studios, then dinner and overnight in a charming hotel or typical bed and breakfast.
Departure in the morning to visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Road to Marrakech, via the Telouet track, located in the Tizi N’Tichka pass. Lunch break. Visit of the Glaoui Kasbah. Return to Marrakech at the end of the day to your Riad or hotel.
Please make sure to bring warm clothing in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothing in summer, sunscreen, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the camel trek). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for the trek due to friction with the stool which can cause skin irritation.
What is included
– Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech
– English language guide for the whole tour
– Transport in 4×4 or modern air-conditioned touring minibus
– transfer from/to airport or Riyadh
– fuel for the entire trip
What’s not included
– Optional local guide
– Entrance fees to the monuments.
– Optional activities.