– Enjoy panoramic views of snow-capped mountains and Berber villages from the High Atlas.
– Cross the famous Tzi n’Tichka pass located at 2260m altitude.
– Visit the fortifications of Ait ben Haddou and Taourirt listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
– Visit the Film Studio in Ouarzazate.
– Visit Zagora, one of the largest oases in Morocco.
– Stroll on camelback in the dunes of Erg chebbi in Merzouga.
– Dinner and night in bivouac in the middle of the Sahara desert.
– Admire the change of panoramas, kasbahs and oases through this circuit of Zagora and Merzouga.
You start your journey to the desert in south-eastern Morocco through the High Atlas via the Tizi n’Tichka pass. You continue to Ouarzazate for lunch.
In the afternoon, you will continue southeast to the oasis of Agdez, where the amazing landscape of the Draa River begins. From there, the landscape will change radically from arid rocky fields to lush green oases bordered by palm trees. Upon arrival in Zagora, you will head to your traditional guest house for an overnight stay after dinner.
After breakfast, you take the road back to Merzouga through the Anti Atlas mountains where you may meet local nomads. You stop at the oasis of Alnif for lunch.
Passing through the holy city of Rissani, you arrive in Merzouga where you meet your camel caravan for a ride in the desert at the Dunes of Erg Chebbi. In the evening you watch the sunset, then you join your camp nestled in the middle of the dunes for dinner and a night in the Sahara.
Wake up early to watch the sunrise and enjoy the silence of the desert. After breakfast, rendezvous with your driver for the Tinghir oasis and the Todra Gorges. You will discover the paths of the High Atlas and Berber villages and where you will enjoy an hour’s walk in one of the most beautiful palm groves of Morocco sheltering uninhabited adobe villages and kasbahs. You will stop at the majestic Todra Canyons where you will have a Berber tagine for lunch.
In the afternoon, you will continue to the Dades Gorges via the road of valleys and a thousand kasbahs. Dinner and overnight in a local guest house.
After breakfast, enjoy the panoramic views while changing the Dades Valley and the Rose Route. You pass by Kalaa Mgouna, famous for the plantation of Damascus roses, before reaching the Oasis of Skoura. You will discover the architecture of the desert fortifications and the way of life of the Berbers living in the oases.
Arrival at Ait Ben Haddou, after a guided walk in the village and visit of the Kasbah which is a famous place for film shooting in Morocco, Lunch in Ouarzazate and continuation to visit the kasbah of Taourirt before taking the road to Marrakech while passing through the High Atlas Mountains and the Tizi n’Tichka pass.
Make sure to bring warm clothes in winter (no sleeping bags), light clothes in summer, sun cream, a hat, good walking shoes, a flashlight, and pants (for the camel trek). Shorts and skirts are not recommended for the trek due to friction with the stool which can cause skin irritation.
What is included
– Pick up and return to your accommodation in Marrakech
– English language guide for the whole tour
– Transport in 4×4 or modern air-conditioned touring minibus
– transfer from/to airport or Riyadh
– fuel for the entire trip
What’s not included
– Optional local guide
– Entrance fees to the monuments.
– Optional activities.